Chiang Mai now has a whole host of different cookery schools aimed at visitors wanting to enjoy more than just the famed culture, beauty & friendliness of the city.
Of the many schools available, the one that STILL stands head & shoulders above the others is the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School ,it’s the city’s oldest & most respected, opening it’s door’s way back in 1993 long before Thai Cuisine became a firm favourite the world over.
The school which has it’s Offices just opposite Tha Phae Gate in the centre of the old city & it’s actual cookery classes just off the Doi Saket Road at the Chiang Mai Floraville development.
To watch a short video about the school, please click the arrow below.
The Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School is the brainchild of Sompon Nabnian and his English wife Elizabeth. From humble beginnings,the School has since spawned a phenomenon, turning cooking courses into one of the most popular tourist activities when visiting Thailand.
The Cookery School, with over sixteen year’s experience in the business, has garnered a reputation which has reached far beyond Thailand.
Sompon slaving over a hot wok….fun, you bet it is!!.
Sompon has been invited to appear as a special guest by numerous television programmes on food and travel, including the BBC ‘Holiday’ programme, the National Geographic Channel, ZDF and the Thai Channels 3 and ITV. In 2001 he hosted his own series for UK television titled “Thai Way II”.
Sompon’s recipe for success combines a large dollop of charisma, a splash of humour and a generous mix of knowledge. His lessons are fun, informative and brimming with value.
Whether it is to learn how to cook some of Thailand’s most beloved dishes to impress friends and families at home, to enjoy a terrific day out, or to participate in one of Thai people’s favourite past times – Communal Cooking & Eating – the Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School experience is an unforgettable memory for many visitors to Chiang Mai.
* All the courses & facilities are constantly being reviewed & upgraded to exceed visitor expectations.
* Our complimentary cookbook that accompanies each course is fully loaded with recipes & photos personally written by Sompon & Elizabeth.
* Each course has a maximum number based upon the cookery school facilities, so there is no waiting in line to cook!.
* Sompon’s experience’s of cooking Thai dishes abroad ensures that you ALWAYS know what substitute ingredients to use if the original Thai ingredients are not available.
* Chiang Mai Thai Cookery School is the ONLY cookery school in Chiang Mai recoginised by such guide book favourites as, Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, Let’s Go, Frommers & Stefan Loose to name but a few. Access to these guides is by outstanding complimentary reviews by past participants of the cookery school, you cannot “buy your way in”!.
For further information & Course Details for the unforgetable experiences you will have at the please follow the relevant links.